Monday, February 9, 2015

Accepting It

This was written several days ago, but I just now found the time to type it up...

Today marks day four of a regular workout plan I started.  The goals are to lose weight, be toned, improve my activity levels, be healthier, sleep better, and in general just to do something for myself.  It's becoming part of the time I spend with my husband as we are doing it together.  Logan sometimes joins, even by electively telling us good job.

The workouts are trying, and I have been constantly sore for the last three days.  Partly good sore, and highly inconvenient as going up and down the stairs makes me want to install an escalator.  Why did the house we find have to put Logan in the basement?!

I'm writing this today as an acknowledgement to myself that I am taking steps in the direction of the kind of person I want to be as a wife, a mother, and an individual.  As I incorporate some things into a routine, I will slowly be able to bring more things in.  Doing the work out first will afford me the energy to do the rest in time.

I have a growing list of topics I'd like to blog about and am now fully confident that if I allow myself to take time to get there, I will be able to write daily.

I am continuously realizing just how special my life is and how much I have; two amazing little boys who adore each other, are sweet and smart, and who make home special.  And my husband who has shown me so many things; patience, understanding, how to be supportive, that being upset or angry isn't awful as long as you talk-and for that matter, in the end it isn't even worth it to be angry (still working on this one).  Really, I wouldn't be working out if not for him.  He's shown me that it's possible to do if during a busy life when you have someone there to help.

This is going to be good.

No comments:

Post a Comment